Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mortal Instruments Series --- Cassandra Clare






Ratings:
Book 1: City of Bones (4 Stars)
Book 2: City of Ashes (4.5 Stars)
Book 3: City of Glass (5 Stars)

Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal Romance

Official Summary:
Click HERE to visit the Mortal Instruments website. (You can even read excerpts from the books!)

Review:
These books were already popular by the time I started reading them. They didn't sound very interesting to me so I was a little hesitant to read them....But I absolutely loved them!

The first book, City of Bones, was a little difficult to get in to. I mean it starts off at a club! That just doesn't do it for me. But then the story really takes off.

The books get better as you read them. You get attached to the characters and involved in the story. I did not want to finish the last book because I was sad for the series to end! Luckily Cassandra Clare decided to write a fourth book for the Mortal Instruments series. AND she is starting a new series! Party! :) (Don't worry my fellow Book Sniffers! I will keep you updated on when these books are going to be released!)

A few side notes concerning the Mortal Instruments books. The main character, Clary, could be annoying at times. Not like Bella Swan annoying but still she got on my nerves.

There is some mild language in these books and slightly mature content. 14+ Audience

The Mortal Instruments are not the best books you'll ever read or the best writing, but they are fun to read! Entertaining! That's why I gave the series such high ratings.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these books at costco and always wondered about them. Maybe I'll give them a try. I love hearing what other people are reading. Great job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete