Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Wings --- Aprilynne Pike

Rating: 3.5 Stars
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy (Faeries), Paranormal Romance
Pages: 290

Official Summary:

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

Laurel's life is the very definition of normal . . . until the morning when she wakes up to discover a flower blooming from her back. As it turns out, nothing in Laurel's life is what it seems. Now, with the help of an alluring faerie sentry who holds the key to her true past, Laurel must race to save her human family from the centuries-old faerie enemies who walk among them.

Review:
To begin, I would like to ask who started the spelling of "faerie"? Whatever happened to "fairy"? Can't there just be a universal spelling? Haha :)

Now on to the review! Thank you, Jen, for letting me borrow Wings by Aprilynne Pike. I must say I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. It took me a while to get in to it and I was worried it would be another high school drama story....but it wasn't!

The story was pretty unique and I found myself wanting to read more! The main character, Laurel, was a decent protagonist. She is brave and fun to follow throughout her adventure. She didn't bug me...too much. :) There is some romance in this book. Laurel is torn over two boys. (I hope she picks the one I want!)

Overall, this is a fun read. I haven't read to many faerie/fairy books, but they seem to be popular right now. Wings is not one of my all time favorites, but it is definitely worth reading. Plus, the sequel came out recently, so I will have to get my hands on it! Has anyone read it yet? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment